[Grml] dialup problems

JeffM. mojaveplan at icehouse.net
Fri May 20 21:42:57 CEST 2005

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. wvdialconf said:
'sorry can't find your modem'
the wvdial.conf file i wrote had modem set to /dev/ttyS0, but,
actually, no such device was listed in /dev.
So I did ./MAKEDEV /ttyS0 which was wrong.
'don't know how to make /ttyS0' error returned. Then tried
./MAKEDEV ttyS0 and it worked. Then I did setserial -a /dev/ttyS0.
Then wvdial works. I come from a Slackware/KDE environment
and not familiar with these issues.

One question still: Isn't there a way to get back to a command line
prompt once wvdial gets you connected without going to another
virtual console??

Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction of where to
start.

--
My new college offers education in the following exciting fields:

Social Engineering

Reverse Engineering

Dissident Journalism

Please reply for a complete curriculum and enrollment guide!