[Grml] grml 0.5 and WPA

Oliver Vecernik ml at vecernik.at
Sat Dec 17 23:26:05 CET 2005

Michael Prokop schrieb:
> Hm, seems like the orinoco interface does not include the strings
> 802.11, READY or ESSID, right? What does 'ifconfig eth1' (if eth1
> matches your orinoco card) look like?

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:02:2D:86:9B:66
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:11 Base address:0x100

> Make sure that /etc/default/wpasupplicant contains the right
> settings like:
>
> OPTIONS="-Dwext -i ath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"
>
> Then check the setup in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf. (Re)start
> wpasupplicant running 'Restart wpasupplicant' and run 'dhclient
> ath0' afterwards. And of course: Take a look at the syslog (run
> 'tlog' to watch it).

Restarting wpa_supplicant: Initializing interface 'ath0' conf
'/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'wext'
Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
Priority group 0
   id=0 ssid='vds'
Initializing interface (2) 'ath0'
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAPioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
SIOCGIWRANGE: WE(compiled)=18 WE(source)=13 enc_capa=0x0
  capabilities: key_mgmt 0x0 enc 0x3
Own MAC address: 00:09:5b:92:ff:be
wpa_driver_wext_set_wpa
Driver does not support WPA.
wpa_driver_wext_set_key: alg=0 key_idx=0 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT, trying SIOCSIWENCODE
wpa_driver_wext_set_key: alg=0 key_idx=1 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
Driver didioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
done.

Unfortunately wpa_supplicant says that operation is not supported. I
attached my syslog for further investigations. I also set in
/etc/modutils/options:

options ath_pci countrycode=040

but this didn't help either. Have you got another idea?

BTW: I saved my configuration to an USB stick with save-config and this
work quite well, but it's annoying to type `grml
video=vesafb:ypan,1400x1050-32 at 60 lang=at myconfig=/dev/sda' all time. I
read about bootparams directory, but I don't want to change my iso. Is
it also possible to save the boot options to the stick for an automated
start?

--
Best Regards,
Oliver