[Grml] changing grml 0.4 kernel

Tobias Klauser tklauser at grml.org
Sun Aug 21 10:44:29 CEST 2005

On 2005-08-20 at 23:21:57 +0200, Jim Danley <Jim at DanleyCreations.com> wrote:
> I recently discovered GRML and have been playing with it now for a couple
> of days.  You guys have done one hell of a job!
>
> # CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS is not set
>
> I have an app that I would like to include on the CD which requires a
> kernel with legacy pty's, yet the kernel on 0.4 has this turned off.
> Can you tell me the steps I need to take in order to replace the kernel
> with one that includes legacy pty's?  Thanks.

I guess that wouldn't be easy to replace the kernel on the CD as you'd
need to remaster it. Though I don't know the detailed steps for this so
I can't really tell. Maybe you can try to install grml via the grml2hd
script and then replace the kernel to test your application.

Maybe it's possible to include a kernel with legacy PTY support on the
next release of the grml CD, but I'm not in the position to decide that.
;-)

Cheers, Tobias

--
  ,'"`.	    Tobias Klauser <tklauser at grml.org>