[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2017.05 available

Christoph Biedl grml.fksi at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Mon May 8 23:41:26 CEST 2017

Michael Prokop wrote...

> so *finally* we did it again, jey!

\o/

> The first release candidate of
> the upcoming Grml version 2017.05, code-named 'Freedatensuppe' is
> available.

The Swiss edition will be sold as Flätlisuppe, I guess?

> For detailed information about the changes between 2014.11 and
> 2017.05 have a look at the official release announcement:
>
>   http://grml.org/changelogs/README-grml-2017.05-rc1/

So I guess this release will, like Debian, no longer support older i386
CPUs? Then the release notes should mention that on some place. I'll try
to test on K6 and C3 systems these days, this should fail, and hopefully
in a sane way. Also, no worries, they are at least 15 years old now and
demand a tremendous amount of pocket money.

A visual: At least the small i386 image prints a "[ FAIL ] amixer binary
not availble" warning during boot. If it's easy to avoid that, please do
so.

Cheers,
    Christoph