[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2014.10 available

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Fri Oct 10 00:08:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 10:47:56PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Michael Prokop wrote...
> > Please test the ISOs and everything you usually use and report back
> > so we can complete the stable release soon.
>
> Errr, folks ... I did "kvm -cdrom $IMAGE" for both
>
>     grml32-small_2014.10-rc1.iso
>     grml64-full_2014.10-rc1.iso
>
> and simply chose the first entry from the boot menu - to find them
> failing while looking for the root file system, dropping me into the
> rescue shell. Something's terribly wrong here.

Happened to me, too. Zhenech on IRC explained that kvm with default
options does not fullfil grml's stated requirements: It requires at
least 256 MB of RAM while kvm without options only gives only 128 MB
of RAM. Using "kvm -m 1024" worked for me wrt. this.

The real issue is that there's no error message indicating this. Which
surprises me a little bit.

In addition to that I had to start grml in kvm with "noudev" otherwise
it hang for about 5 minutes at "Waiting for /dev to ..." (and then I
had no more patience to wait further).

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe at noone.org (Mail+Jabber)