[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2014.10 available

Christoph Biedl grml.fksi at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Thu Oct 9 22:47:56 CEST 2014

Michael Prokop wrote...

> Please test the ISOs and everything you usually use and report back
> so we can complete the stable release soon.

Errr, folks ... I did "kvm -cdrom $IMAGE" for both

    grml32-small_2014.10-rc1.iso
    grml64-full_2014.10-rc1.iso

and simply chose the first entry from the boot menu - to find them
failing while looking for the root file system, dropping me into the
rescue shell. Something's terribly wrong here.

Testing grml32small on an ol' VIA C3 board, using toram/fetch

- Still the "module dm-raid45 not found in modules.dep", appearently
  harmless.
- New: There's a long time without activity (approximately 40
  seconds) after "Creating /dev/mdadm/mdadm.conf ...". Not a bug but
  somewhat confusing.

Aside, a feature request: Appearently fetch=http://... retrieves the
squashfs using curl, the copies it around using rsync. Was it possible
to download it right to the final place and save a step?

Testing grml64-full_2014.10-rc1.iso on a recent Intel Atom board
showed no unexpected behaviour.

    Christoph