[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2014.03 released

Christoph Biedl grml.fksi at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Wed Mar 26 10:20:07 CET 2014

Christoph Biedl wrote...

> Cannot continue testing netboot, ipxe is driving me nuts one more
> time. If anybody has an idea why a bitwise identical undionly.kpxe
> works perfectly on one host but yields the dreaded "menu: command not
> found" on a second one ...

Nasty feature of qemu, not a Grml problem.

(...)
> => "XZ-compressed data is corrupt"
>
> This did not happen with grml32-small_2013.09.iso but might be a
> kernel/qemu bug as well.

Reproducible using libvirt, could not reproduce on real hardware or in
virtualbox. So I suspect some oddities in qemu's handling of
virtualized memory that collide with some assumptions of the xz
compressor. Investigating into that is a fascinating challenge but I
don't expect to have time for that before the weekend.

Mention this issue in the release notes?

Could somebody check using xen?

    Christoph