[Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2014.03 released

Christoph Biedl grml.fksi at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Mon Mar 24 23:22:38 CET 2014

Michael Prokop wrote...

> For detailed information about the changes between 2013.09 and
> 2014.03 have a look at the official release announcement:
>
>   http://grml.org/changelogs/README-grml-2014.03-rc1/

Great to hear.

> Please test the ISOs and everything you usually use and report back
> so we can complete the stable release soon.

Feedback to the devel list here?

Using grml32small: I had never reported the CPU kernel options got a
bit to tight in 2013.09 the latest (cx8 and cmov were needed). You
reverted that on your own, and so a ten-year old VIA C3 based board
boots again. (Not that I really care, that box is no longer in
production.)

Just using it for a first test, on a probably not-that-common setup:
grml toram fetch=http://...

There are some messages from live-boot, all typos are mine:

Begin: Copying /etc/resolv.conf to /root/etc/resolv.conf ... cp: can't create '/root/etc/resolv.con': No such file or directory

Being: Preconfiguring networking ... /init: line 93: can't create /root/etc/resolv.conf: nonexistent directory.
sh: !: unknown operand
cat: can't open '/root/etc/resolv.conf': no such file or directory

A /etc/resolv.conf does exists after startup and it has sound content,
so perhaps this is rather cosmetical.

More tests to come.

> PS: As you might notice the ISOs increased again (e.g. from ~350MB
> to 400MB for grml-full), if someone is interested in reducing the
> ISO we welcome any patches, concrete feedback,..

Can't hear ya!

    Christoph