[Grml-devel] [Grml] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2013.02 released

gilberto dos santos alves gsavix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:48:57 CET 2013

subject:  grml-2013.02 release (full iso 64/32 bits)

grml-lang,

locale-gen,

/etc/default/locale,

dpkg-reconfigure console-data,

boot parm:  lang=xx

1 - I test this version using in additional parms for boot options lang=br
and keyboard layout of pt_BR (abnt2) is configured automatically ok.

Another test with boot parm=pt  (for portuguese of portugal) and keyboard
is configured with correct layout.

After initial load and select q (for running terminal) this is working ok,
but:

my suggestion change in script grml-lang to support all languages that
already comes with grml.

2 - in /etc/debault/locale we could see lots of locale and i think that is
more optimized appear commented entries for languages not used by script
grml-lang or allow initial boot or script choose more languages and
keyboard options.

my suggestion is using locale-gen for recreate only wanted languages utf-8
entries.

3 - in versions 2011-05 and 2012-05 i use [dpkg-reconfigure console-data]
for may possible work with grml in mixed environments where we have support
remote servers with layouts in us international and (us-latin1.kmap.gz), br
portuguese (pt_BR) keyboard layouts (kmap.gz) br-latin1... and br-abnt2...
when we are in server rooms there are lots of racks and different servers
for supporting.

Regards.

--
gilberto dos santos alves