[Grml-devel] Todos for Grml Release 2012.12

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Nov 14 13:10:13 CET 2012

Hi,

so let's try to get a new stable release out before the end
of this year!

What's on our agenda for a 2012.12 release from my PoV:

* live-boot
  - merge https://github.com/grml/live-boot-grml/pull/2
  - check what we could/should sync with
    http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-boot.git

* IRC bot: we don't have any git commit push IRC notifications anymore
  since cia.vc went offline. According to http://cia.vc/ usage of
  http://cia.vc/xmlrpc.php should work though. Alex wrote a perl script to
  adjust hook settings at Github, so we should do something about that. :)

* grml-debootstrap for wheezy
  We need to push an updated grml-debootstrap version into unstable
  which addresses stuff that needs to be sorted out for the upcoming
  stable release AKA wheezy. I've prepared something at
  https://github.com/grml/grml-debootstrap/tree/mika/release_0.54
  but this needs closer review and testing.
  Notes:
  - Evgeni's notes WRT master branch: http://paste.grml.org/1072/
  - Bug report: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=688234

* Provide Kernel 3.6
  Debian's svn://svn.debian.org/kernel/dists/trunk is currently
  sitting at 3.6.6-1~experimental.1 already. We should sync our
  git.grml.org/grml-kernel with it to make sure we have a current
  kernel available.

* identify release stoppers @ http://bts.grml.org/grml/
  Identify which issues should be handled for the upcoming stable
  release, identify low hanging fruits we might also fix while at it
  and try to resolve as many bugs as possible :)

* check repositories @ github
  Go through the repositories at https://github.com/grml/ and
  check for any outstanding pull requests, branches that we should
  merge/delete so get it into somewhat of a shape again.

* Provide LSB headers in our grml init scripts
  Running the /usr/share/file-rc/insserv2file.sh script causes e.g.
  the /etc/init.d/grml-reboot script to be registered for *startup*
  which is horribly wrong. We have to add according LSB headers into
  our init scripts to avoid such a failure.

Feel invited to help wherever you can.
Is there anything I missed?