[Grml-devel] About the new grml direction

Marc Haber mh+grmldevel at zugschlus.de
Sun Jan 1 22:33:51 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 07:43:06PM +0100, Ulrich Dangel wrote:
> And what is the reason for using grml-small instead of the new
> grml-full? USB sticks typically have more then 350mb, if you want to use
> the ISO image on /boot in combination with grml-rescueboot you can mount
> a LVM LV over /boot/grml and use that.

130 MB image. Additionally, on my typically 1 GB large boot, I was
able to place to grml-small images in addition to the normal /bot
contents. I was already forced to resize /boot on my notebook because
of grmls size increase.

> That being said, i think that we maybe should/can reintroducde
> grml-small.

Pretty please.

>  Removing packages from a package list should result in less problems
>  than adding new ones. But first we must get rid of grml-small
>  specific hacks (IMHO).

The grml-small specific hacks were necessary to make grml-small fit on
a business card CD. I haven't used that form factor in years and could
live without.

Greetings
Marc