[Grml-devel] Minutes from the Grml developer meeting, October 2011

Christian Hofstaedtler ch at grml.org
Fri Oct 14 15:15:14 CEST 2011

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 13:28, Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> wrote:
>
> > Focus on two targets:
> >
> >  * Ship an Install&Rescue system (targeted ISO + Netboot options)
> >  * Provide & Maintain texttools inside Debian (zsh package, various
> >   texttool configs we want people to use)
>
> This is probably oart of "rescue", but "testing and verification" is
> very important as well, imo. We are using grml on literally every
> single machine we deploy to test that the hardware is OK.
> Maybe "hardware test-suite" is even something that should go into
> future PR stuff.

Yes, good point. This is part of the install goal.

> > Deprecate i386 port
>
> By i386, you mean 32bit Intel-based architecture, not actually moving
> from 386 to 486 or 586, I presume?

x86-32, Yes.

> > Using Github
>
> Github refuses to let you auto-commit/export from them to other repos.
> You have to rely on local hooks or query & pull.

Well, 'refuses'. You can do post-receive (HTTP POST) hooks.
We plan to do a daily mirror run using this:
https://github.com/zeha/assorted/blob/master/github-mirror/github-mirror-all

> >  * grml-insomnia: grml2hd will be renamed to grml-insomnia and moved
> >   out of PATH so people don't use grml2hd for something else than
> >   demonstration purposes
>
> What's the reasoning/mnemonic for this name?

Grml Devs are plagued by nightmares of users running grml2hd.
Just kidding ;-)

  -ch

--
http://grml.org/ - Grml Live Linux