[Grml-devel] Some checks on the package lists

chris h ch at zeha.at
Sun Jun 5 01:58:14 CEST 2011

Ahoi,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Ulrich Dangel <mru at grml.org> wrote:
> due to a bug report about a missing package in grml-medium (the package
> was shipped in grml-small and grml-full but not in grml-medium) i just
> did some simple checks over the package lists.
> These checks are quite simple but help least to discover inconsistencies.
>
> Commented results:
> ====================
> In small and full but not in medium:
>   links # links2 is in medium but not links
>
> In small and medium but not in full:
>   shishi-common  # due to missing inetutils-inetd
>   atftp
>   inetutils-inetd # xinetd is used in full instead
>   libshishi0 # due to missing inetutils-inetd
>   socket
>
> In medium but not in full:
>   linux-kernel-headers-grml

Apparently the headers are gone from medium now. (See
e738d2317d738f6b8504ef76c83611ff3b633302.)

>   grml-small # not really a problem

grml-small and grml are mutually exclusive.

>   alsa-tools
>
> Suggested solution:
> We should add socket, aftp and alsa-tools to grml_full and add
> links to grml-medium.

I suggest instead that we drop socket and alsa-tools from all flavors.
In the meantime I've added atftp and links to the flavors where they
were missing.

Also, we should discuss shipping xinetd.

  -ch