[Grml-devel] Grml USB Pen?

Moritz Augsburger moemoe at grml.org
Wed Apr 7 14:42:21 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, 07.04.10 at 14:19, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * Moritz Augsburger <moemoe at grml.org> [Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 11:58:09AM +0000]:
> > I prefer even smaller sticks like
> > http://www.cec-promotions.de/1,882,,,,,x.html or
> > http://www.mrdisc.ch/statische/de/usb-stick-mini-1
>
> Hm, the sticks look like those ones that have a case that doesn't
> comform the specs and don't fit in several PCs. Could this be true?

I don't know any of them, I was just looking for some pictures.
Currently I'm using a Sandisk Cruzer Micro without the "skin":
http://picnicb.ciao.com/de/235926069.jpg

Perhaps you can ask them for a (free?) sample?

> Would such a "USB Karte Wafer" be an interesting option?
>
>   http://grml.org/screeni/gkrellShoot_10-04-07_141138.png

My wallet is already filled enough ;)

> The 8GB version would cost 35-40€/pen though.

I think that's okay, at least for me.

Moritz

P.S.: I just got another idea, you can upload custom ISO images to
U3-capable sticks, perhaps this feature could be used to make the
grml-files undeletable. isofrom= and the possibility just to write the
new grml iso to the stick would be even more comfortable, but will
probably fail with different kernel versions.