[Grml-devel] Grml USB Pen?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Apr 7 14:19:14 CEST 2010

* Moritz Augsburger <moemoe at grml.org> [Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 11:58:09AM +0000]:
> On Wednesday, 07.04.10 at 12:58, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > I'm thinking about ordering Grml USB pens.
> > I'd order ~50 of those 4GB pens:

> >   http://grml.org/screeni/gkrellShoot_10-04-07_125403.png

> > featuring a Grml logo, providing a working
> > multiboot setup (grml/grml64) with persistency
> > option out-of-the-box.

> I prefer even smaller sticks like
> http://www.cec-promotions.de/1,882,,,,,x.html or
> http://www.mrdisc.ch/statische/de/usb-stick-mini-1

Hm, the sticks look like those ones that have a case that doesn't
comform the specs and don't fit in several PCs. Could this be true?

Would such a "USB Karte Wafer" be an interesting option?

  http://grml.org/screeni/gkrellShoot_10-04-07_141138.png

JFYI: mrdisc.ch has an online calculator though isn't that cheap,
I've requested an quote from cec-promotions.de (though 100 pens are
minimum AFAICS).

> > Would YOU pay ~30€ for such a Grml pen?

> If it would have more capacity - I'm carrying only one stick with me,
> and my current one already has 8GB, so it should have at least the same
> capacity.

The 8GB version would cost 35-40€/pen though.