[Grml] GRML Ram Usage

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Mon Jun 24 01:15:48 CEST 2024

On Sunday, 2024-06-23 at 17:40:38 -0500, Kyle Sebion wrote:

> I'm trying to change the ram grml uses. Currently, about 50% is used.
> ramdisk-size=2G seems to do nothing.
> overlay-size=2G works, but doesn't affect /dev, /dev/shm, and /tmp.
> I remounted the above at 2G, but 'free -g' still reports the same free ram.

> Any ideas on how to accomplish setting grml to 2G with about 26G free?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before help come questions. You have not given any information on how
you measured memory usaghe. Please send command(s) and output. Given
your "ramdisk-size=2G", please include the output of "df -k".

Thank you,
Lupe Christoph
--
| Getting AI to produce answers that are 80% correct has taken us roughly      |
| 70 years (Dartmouth College workshop in 1956).                               |