[Grml] fstab-entry change

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Sep 14 18:40:55 CEST 2023

Hi Hans,

* Hans Schneidhofer [Fri Aug 11, 2023 at 06:08:17PM +0000]:

> on a PC with Debian 11 installed, an SSD can neither be read nor
> written.
>
> I have now restarted the PC with a grml.
> How can I change the entry in /etc/fstab on this PC with the help of
> grml so that this defective SSD is not taken into account when
> restarting?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't quite get along with the new grml. I used to be
> able to log in with a password and mount the file system of the PC
> system with root rights, e.g. on /mnt /computername/ and then edit
> /etc/fstab.
>
> How can I do this with the new version grml-64-full 2022 ?

Can you actually access the SSD at all, as in: is it still alive?

Check output of `lsblk` and look for failures in `dmesg` and
`journalctl -p 4`. If the disk is present, check its SMART data with
`smartctl -a /dev/sdX`, and if it's "alive" and you can acces it,
mounting it should be possible as usualâ„¢.  (Depending on the actual
setup you of course might have to also do LVM, mdadm, cryptsetup,...
magic, but then we'd need more details about your setup.)

HTH!

regards