[Grml] Fwd: Hard drive partitions not seen

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Nov 25 10:04:56 CET 2020

* Michael Prokop [Thu Nov 19, 2020 at 11:18:31AM +0100]:
> * Jaime [Thu Nov 19, 2020 at 10:12:06AM +0000]:

> > Ok. Given that this is a "can't see nvme"-style problem, I've found:
> [...]

> Additionally it might be worth testing with a current Grml daily ISO
> (see https://grml.org/daily/), which provides a more current kernel
> version than the latest stable Grml release. (I didn't find any
> information about the Grml release that's in usage here, so I assume
> we're talking about the latest stable Grml release. :))

I also want to point your attention towards
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/20190620061038.GA20564@lst.de/T/,
quoting from there:

| Many current and upcoming consumer products ship with the AHCI
| controller in this "RAID" or "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane
| System Acceleration" mode by default.

So look out for "Switch your BIOS from RAID to AHCI mode to use them"
in your kernel messages (check `dmesg`).

Thanks to Chris Hofstaedtler for the pointer offlist.

regards