[Grml] Fwd: Hard drive partitions not seen

Jaime enopatch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:51:17 CET 2020

> De: gilberto dos santos alves <gsavix at gmail.com>
>
> fdisk -l (run on xterm)
> show your disks

> Em seg., 9 de nov. de 2020 às 21:06, <david.renstrom at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
>> drive itself. To be clear, lsblk -a doesn’t show any other sdX devices
>> than sda.

I would guess that if "lsblk -a" shows no other devices, then "fdisk
-l" will also show no other devices. It *might* be worth trying "dmesg
| grep sdb" just in case that device appeared then disappeared since
the kernel started. If all these commands produce "nil returns", then
as far as the kernel is concerned, these additional devices do not
exist.

Did you change anything in the bios in order to be able to boot grml?
(such as "hiding" any hard disks?)

Also, are you sure that if you remove the grml usb stick, you can boot
from (or at least make reappear) your hard disk?

If all of the above fails, it might be time to remove the disk from
the laptop and plug it into an external usb-pata or usb-sata
adapter/converter (that's what I normally do anyway!)

HTH, Jaime