[Grml] [Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2020.06 available

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 8 21:51:53 CEST 2020

I can confirm that software speech works. I had to load it by typing,
"systemctl start espeakup". The old way, typing "modprobe speakup_soft"
and "espeakup" did not work. This is probably better but the
documentation may need to be updated.

I can also confirm that I was able to get speech with a hardware synth,
a Doubletalk LT.

And I can confirm that braille works although its strange. It seems to
recognize my braille display but the braille screen is blank. Normally,
if the braille display is not working, it displays a power-on message.
Instead its just blank. But i can type a command to start braille,
"brltty", and then it works.

John G. Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu
608-263-4189