[Grml] /dev/sda1 mounted but immediately unmounted - strange issue in syslog

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Sep 9 09:41:58 CEST 2019

* Ravi Roy [Sat Sep 07, 2019 at 10:18:23PM +0530]:

> I'm using grml live CD (which contains debian 9.0 as OS) to do some
> automation but i'm stuck as /dev/sda1 is mounted and unmounted immediately
> shown in syslog.

> /dev/sda1 has ntfs partition .

> I've attached syslog snapshot as well as fstab snapshot. Did a lot of
> gooling but does not give any hint as to what is happening ..

> Does somebody know as to what is wrong in this case?

I don't see any actual error message that would explain an automated
unmount. What's the output of:

  fdisk -l /dev/sda
  blkid /dev/sda1

?

> Live CD is 64 bit released in 2017.

Please use latest stable release 2018.12 or a daily ISO (see
https://grml.org/daily/) and see what you get there.

> Note : Apologize for earlier mail for big attachments (have reduced the
> size of pics)

Please provide the logs/information as plain text instead of using
screenshots in the future, this keeps mails smaller, more readable
and accessible (for sighted persons as well as search engines) . :)

regards