[Grml] [Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2018.12 available

Christoph Biedl grml.fksi at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Thu Dec 27 23:33:43 CET 2018

[ Better little feedback than none at all ]

Michael Prokop wrote...

> just in time we have a present for you! The first release candidate
> of the upcoming Grml version 2018.12, code-named 'Gnackwatschn' is
> available.

\o/

> Please test the ISOs and everything you usually use and rely on, and
> report back so we can complete the stable release soon.

Looking good. I noticed a small visual improvement in the handling of
the fetch= and netconfig= parameters. The combination of fetch= and
toram still takes an additional copy using rsync. IIRC I reported this
years ago - but given today's hardware the cost is a delay of three
seconds the most on -small, I will not bother any longer ...

Also, I noticed using apt(-get) update:

| W: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file | '/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.debian.org_dists_testing_updates_InRelease' | couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission | denied)

This isn't new and not a blocker. Still, it was nice if it could be
fixed (how?).

> If no major
> problems come up, the next iteration will be the stable release,
> which is scheduled for the end of December (2018 *cough* :)).

So, rather "Leipziger Gmias"?

Cheers,
    Christoph