[Grml] Grml 2017.05 EFI problem

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Thu Jun 1 11:50:38 CEST 2017

Hi!

Many thanks for giving us a new version of Grml! And a new pun. I wonder
what people less acquainted with Austria then me (as a child, I spent my
summer vacation in Bad Goisern) are making of Freedatensuppe if they
don't find the explanation...

As I'm now working in Swabia, I'll eat a Flädlesuppe to your health.

And now to business ;-)

First thing I tried was downloading grml96-full_2017.05.iso to put it
on a USB stick. I booted an hp z640 from it. And alas! while the EFI
side is seen as well as the legacy side, only the latter boots. Trying
to boot EFI throws me into the "Startup Menu".

If you can give me so starting point, I'll see if I can find the cause.
The ISO *should* be able to boot with EFI and legacy, doesn't it?

Lupe Christoph
--
| "I'll never forget my government treating me like this. And I really hope    |
| that this will never happen to anybody else because of the way they look,    |