[Grml] running a script automatically after boot

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Tue Aug 22 18:46:49 CEST 2017

On Tuesday, 2017-08-22 at 11:07:33 -0500, John G Heim wrote:
> I have a thumb drive with grml on it. It has a persistant partition. What is
> the best way to get it to run some commands automatically upon boot? I want
> to simply have it do:

> #!/bin/bash
> modprobe speakup_soft
> espeakup
> # EOF

Start here:
https://grml.org/config/grml-autoconfig.1.html

You need a USB partition with a filesystem that has the the label
GRMLCFG. On that filesystem, you put a script named grml.sh in a
directory named scripts.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| "I'll never forget my government treating me like this. And I really hope    |
| that this will never happen to anybody else because of the way they look,    |