[Grml] clonezilla not working, clock wrong and keyboard issues

Kai Bosch kellerassel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:58:16 CET 2016

Hi there,

i set up grml via grub2 and am booting it with the option to copy the
entire medium to ram (so that no physical harddisk is mounted).

I need grml for weekly full system backups via clonezilla.

However when i run clonezilla, as soon as it tries to use the method "dd"
to image a partition, it fails and says that it can't find "partclone.dd".

I really have no clue as to why this is happening. when i use clonezilla in
my ubuntu host, it works fine.

Another problem i have is that the clock is always set wrong by some hours.
It also seems to change my bios clock, so that my ubuntu host has to update
the clock after every boot.

Also when i set a german keyboard layout in the shell and start X, it will
not keep that keyboard layout and I'll have to set it again.

I'm looking forward to any helpful advice :)

Thanks!

Kai