[Grml] SOLVED (was: Re: how to enable boot from hd after timeout?)

Gregor Zattler telegraph at gmx.net
Thu Sep 17 19:15:21 CEST 2015

Hi grml users,
* Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> [15. Sep. 2015]:
> I remastered the grml cdrom in order to backup a windows
> computer.
>
> It should boot Windows form hard disk if the user does not hit
> any key within a certain amount of time.  This is necessary in
> order to enable remote administration of the windows computer
> even if the cd rom is in the cd tray.
>

> There is this statement:
>
> ontimeout chain.32 hd0 0
>
> in isolinux.cfg but instead when the countdown reaches zero one
> hears a beep and the count down beginns again (for 100 seconds).
>
> chain.32 is in boot/isolinux as is isolinux.cfg.

Actually the file is named chain.c32
                                 ^
The wrong name is is from
/usr/share/grml-live/templates/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
in grml-live_0.27.0_all.deb and therefore a bug.

The now tried and tested menu entry is:

ontimeout chain.c32 hd0 0

Now Windows boots from local hard drive when no key is pressed
after timeout.

Ciao; Gregor