[Grml] ssh=password doesn't work

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 2 20:58:41 CET 2015

On 11/02/2015 03:03 AM, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * John G Heim [Fri Oct 30, 2015 at 08:14:54PM -0500]:
>
>> When the syslinux boot screen comes up, am I supposed to type
>> "ssh=password" to start the ssh server? Or is it "grml ssh=password".
>> I've tried both and neither seems to work.
>> I am using grml-full_2014.11.iso.
>
> Just "ssh=password", but did you press the tab key to be able to
> enter the "ssh=password"?

No, that was it. I didn't mention it in myoriginal message because I
didn't think it was relevant but I'm blind. Turns out it was relevant.
Soon as I got someone who could see in to help me, she saw that I had to
press a tab and then I remembered. After that, it probably took me about
15 minutes to rescue the server.

Boy, did I feel stupid. Nobody's fault except my own. Although, like I
said to someone else this weekend: Being blind isn't as bad as most
people thing. However, I would not recommend it.