[Grml] grml-debootstrap VM creation broken due to bug in kpartx?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Sun Jan 12 14:01:28 CET 2014

adrelanos:
> My grml-debootstrap configuration is here:
> https://github.com/adrelanos/minimal-grml-debootstrap-test
>
> (I think it's quite useful to have a single script/configuration around
> for producing minimal instructions on how to produce that bug.)
>
> grml-debootstrap keeps failing for me.
> umount: /mnt/debootstrap.23035: device is busy
>
> I guess it could be because this bug in kpartx:

umount: /mnt/debootstrap.23035: device is busy

I just double checked this. It also happens in a freshly installed
Debian Jessie VM.

Could you check please, if you can confirm, that grml-debootstrap is
currently broken after applying all updates in Debian Jessie?

Apart from the kpartx bug, I am quite sure another bug related causing
"device is busy" has been introduced in in linux 3.12-2-686-pae. The
older 3.11-2-686-pae kernel seems unaffected.

I know, this are most likely not bugs in grml-debootstrap.

Could you help reporting that bug to Debian please? I imagine you could
have more knowledge about Debian and stronger ties to the people
involved. And I can't figure out how to provide minimal instructions on
how to reproduce this bug.

I have an image (created by grml-debootstrap in past), that I can
reliably mount/unmount with 3.11-2-686-pae, but not with 3.12-2-686-pae.
I couldn't make myself a bug report without "you need to download
that/an image".