[Grml] grml virtual machine

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 3 03:22:32 CET 2014

I want to create a custom grml ISO that has a kernel patched for
hardware speech synthesiers. There's a bug in the kernel code so most
hardware speech synths don't work. If I can put ma custom compiled
kernel on a grml disk, I can use it with my hardware speech synth.

The man page for grml-live recommends running it on a virtual machine
running grml.  That sounds like a good idea. I have a VMWare player
virtual machine booted into grml from the latest 32-bit iso file. But I
am uncertain as to what to do next. Should I use grml2usb or
grml-debbootstrap or something else?

What's the best way to set up a virtual machine to run grml?