[Grml] Request for help: Persistency on Grml

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Jun 3 17:41:45 CEST 2012

Hi!

As you might know Grml provides a feature named persistency which
allows you to store your settings/software and reuse them on reboot.
The code that provides that feature is part of Debian's live-boot,
which is what we're using as base for our live-boot-grml.

The relevant bootoption was renamed from "persistent" to
"persistence" by Debian's live-boot developers recently, sadly our
docs at http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=persistency don't match
reality anymore.

As Charles Hewson already noted in the Grml wiki (thanks, Charles!)
the best resources WRT persistency are man live-boot,
live-persistence.conf and live-snapshot as well as
http://live.debian.net/manual/html/live-manual/customizing-run-time-behaviours.en.html#521
Note: the live-manual matches the behaviour of the old "persistent"
code, not the one with "persistence" yet. A discussion around those
changes are available in the thread at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2012/04/msg00110.html

Is there anyone willing to help us in improving
the persistency documentation for Debian/Grml?