[Grml] Missing smbmount

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Jan 23 11:17:44 CET 2012

* Dirk Becker [Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 10:34:23AM +0100]:
> On 20.01.2012 17:54, Werner Flamme wrote:

>>> I was using GRML very often for mounting SMB shares via 'mount -t
>>> smbfs'. Unfortunately smbfs seems to be removed since GRML
>>> 2011.12. Is there a workaround or any other way to mount Samba
>>> shares?

>> I'm no sure if the package is installed by default, but "mount -t
>> cifs" should work. I don't remember the package's name - something
>> with "cifs" in its name, maybe cifs-utils as in Ubuntu.

> there is neither a 'mount -t cifs' nor a 'mount -t smbfs'. Seems to be
> completely removed, I also can't find the packages in
> http://grml.org/files/grml32_2011.12/dpkg.list
> Does anybody know why they were removed? I found them very useful.

Because of the "project reset", nobody was missing the packages so
far (or didn't bother to report).

I've added cifs-utils and smbfs to the package list for the upcoming
Grml release, thanks for bringing this issue up.