[Grml] Statement regarding the Grml "reset" with 2011.12 release

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Thu Jan 5 12:59:30 CET 2012

Hi!

I just tried to put these ISOs on the same USB stick:

grml64_2011.12.iso
grml32_2011.12.iso
grml64_2011.05.iso
grml_2011.05.iso

(I wanted to have the older versions around because my paranoia tells me
I will need one of the programs that were deleted, by I want to use the
newer versions to find out if I really do.)

It turns out that grml2usb used the flavour to generate the syslinux
menu entries:

Debug: 2012-01-05 12:31:35,505 Note: you can boot flavour grml using 'grml' on the commandline.
Debug: 2012-01-05 12:31:35,505 Note: you can boot flavour grml32 using 'grml32' on the commandline.
Debug: 2012-01-05 12:31:35,505 Note: you can boot flavour grml64 using 'grml64' on the commandline.

So I'm able to boot the older versions because I specified the later on
the command line, and grml32_2011.12.iso because the flavour changed to
grml32.

And grml64 was selected as the default flavour because it came first.
Only the version was replaced.

Looks like I would have to fiddle with the contents of one of the grml64
ISOs to accomplish my goal. Any suggestions? Yeah, I know, buy another
USB stick, they're cheap ;-)

Thanks,
Luep Christoph
--
| It is a well-known fact in any organisation that, if you want a job    |
| done, you should give it to someone who is already very busy.          |