[Grml] libvdpau_nvidia.so is missing -- Update

v.klemt at online.de v.klemt at online.de
Sat Sep 17 11:25:34 CEST 2011

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

Hallo,
Updating my recent letter:

My old notebook, Asus A3521 with Pentium-M CPU, 1.6 GHz, 512MB memory,
and Intel 855 GM graphics -- this I forgot to mention yesterday,
is running well with Grml 2011.05 (as well as with older versions),
either with Fluxbox or Ratpoison, except for a problem with Mozilla:

The Grml homepage already present, Iceweasel crashes immediately when
I try to open any other website, in case it needs video capabilities.
The error message is:

Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open \

with segmentation fault to follow.

Google search shows that the error message is well known when using
Mplayer, but in my case this problem does not exist.

Can anybody give a hint to a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Vilmar Klemt