[Grml] disk partition encryption roadmap

William Gardella gardellawg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:08:52 CET 2011

Tong,

For a less intimidating (but still quite effective) HD encryption strategy, check out the grml2hd manpage.  It includes straightforward examples of switching to LUKS-managed encrypted /home and swap partitions after installation, as well as examples of mounting directories for temporary files as tmpfs ramdisks.  I am using more or less the exact setup described in the man page on my netbook.

You can easily set up passphrases for each encrypted partition if you wish.

Best,
Will