[Grml] grml for hardware inventorying

Timo Ballin timo2010 at ballin.se
Thu Feb 24 22:11:56 CET 2011

It quite easy to do with grml:

I have a PXE boot set up which identify the hardware for an automated
recovery:

Basicaly I load via boot options a perl script (  netscript=server/file)
which mounts a nfs drive, does a "hwinfo" converts the output to XML
and saves that to the nfs, I use only "hwinfo --bios" to get some serial
numbers - but "hwinfo --all" should to the trick for you.

XML because its quite nice to query the hwinfo information with xpath.

Timo