[Grml] grml for hardware inventorying

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:56:42 CET 2011

Hi. Today I received a mail from a friend asking me if I know any tool
to make hardware inventorying and I remember using one Linux bootable
from floppy that did that but at tis time is too old and obsolete (and
I don't remember its name either :-) ).

So, I was thinking if grml comes with some kind of this software that
could save the information on a USB or through network.

Doing a fast search on Debian repository there's something called
"ocsinventory" but seems not to be part of grml (maybe I should
remaster a CD with it).

And the "hardware detection tool" that you can use at boot time is not
usable for this since I didn't find a way to save the information to a
device not network so is hard to inventory about 50 computers with it.

Thanks for all.
Ernesto.