[Grml] trouble with hard-disk installation

v.klemt at online.de v.klemt at online.de
Fri Feb 4 16:29:27 CET 2011

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Using Grml2HD I installed Grml_2010.12 on two notebooks,
Acer TM4233 (Core2Duo T5500, external (USB) HD),
and Acer Aspire One (Atom 260, internal HD).
Everything worked fine, so I started 'apt-get update' (with Debian Unstable and
 Grml Testing included in sources list) and 'apt-get upgrade'. Additionally,
I installed some packages not included in Grml (eg. tex-live).
Overoptimistically, I did not keep track of the records, and when I realized that,
using Xorg-core 7.7, I got frozen X-terminals and blocked input fields in
Iceweasel (dead keyboard?), I was unable to find the origin of the trouble.
There are no error messages, either in syslog or in Xorg.0.log, and the problem
seems to be independent of the window manager (fluxbox, openbox) and the
terminal program used (xterm, eterm).
Do I really have to do a compltely new installation?
Thanks in advance,
Vilmar Klemt