[Grml] grml as host system

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at sfr.fr
Thu Dec 29 13:17:23 CET 2011

Le mercredi 28 décembre à 16:59, Michael Prokop a écrit :
> * Philippe Delavalade [Wed Dec 28, 2011 at 04:42:58PM +0100]:
>
> > I have already complain about the removal of the brltty boot option in the
> > new release.
>
> If someone is stepping up to help us maintaining that we can bring
> it back.

I fear that I can't do this ; I'm just an enduser...

> > Now, I realise that the new grml is nomore suitable as host system to build
> > linuxfromscratch ; previously I recommanded it as livecd for this purpous
> > but now, important packages are missing...
>
> Which packages exactly are missing?

For instance : bison, m4, texinfo, etc.

> Do you have any documentation what you exactly did on Grml when
> building LFS?

I'd never built lfs with grml but with debian testing ; but many people ask
about a livecd as host system to do this. I have just verified the host
system requirements :

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/hostreqs.html

Regards.

--