[Grml] ssh server with grml_2011.12-rc1

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 14 21:41:14 CET 2011

From: "Ulrich Dangel" <mru at grml.org>
To: <grml at ml.grml.org>; <grml-devel at ml.grml.org>
>> Problems
>> 1. Could not get the ssh server to start. Has the ssh=<password>
>> cheat code been removed?
>
> No. I just tested it with an little bit older build and it works without
> a problem. Maybe you didn't have a network connection?

Well, I can ping it. I checked it with nmap and found that only  port 111 is
open.  (see below.) I'm about as sure as I can be that I'm typing 'grml
ssh=bogus' at the boot prompt. I've done it about a million times with
previous grml releases.  Later this afternoon I may be able to get sighted
assistance.

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-12-14 13:46 CST
Interesting ports on test1.math.wisc.edu (144.92.166.10):
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
111/tcp open  rpcbind

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 6.67 seconds