[Grml] Grml 2011.12 Release Candidate 1 available

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 14 20:32:31 CET 2011

Successes:

1. Waited for the tone, pressed q, typed in 'modprobe speakup_ltlk' and got
speech.
2. Waited for the tone, pressed q, typed in 'brltty' and got braille on my
braille display.

Problems:

1. Could not get the ssh server to start. Has the ssh=<password> cheat code
been removed?
2. Could not load speakup kernel module for my synth at the boot prompt. I
understand that the grml cheat codes for loading speakup have been removed.
But I thought there was a way to load kernel modules at boot.  The grml
documentation references this document on kernel.org:

http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

If I read that correctly, I should be able to type 'grml modprobe
speakup_ltlk' at the boot prompt. But it didn't work. I think that only
works for modules in initrd, correct?