[Grml] grml-debootstrap: troubles with debian keyring

Andreas Gredler jimmy at grml.org
Thu Apr 14 18:11:55 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 05:52:27PM +0200, Michael Gissing wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> It happened that I had to install debian squeeze with an old (~1 year)
> version of grml. When running grml-debootstrap it exited with an error,
> saying something like
> "E: Release signed by unknown key (key id AE...)"

[ ... ]

> At the first moment I had no clue how to solve the issue. So it would be
> nice if grml-debootstrap recognizes this error and gives the user a hint
> on how to fix it.

Thx for your report and sorry for the late reply but I wanted to test
it on one of my older grml installations. It just happens with old
releases and not with the current one. Furthermore the keyring doesn't
get changed too often and it would be complicated to filter rare error
messages. So I think it's not necessary to implement another message
handler and hope it's ok for you to just use the new release ;-)

> Besides that everything ran fine ;-)

Great :-)

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy at g-tec.co.at
  (  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins
   `._,          http://www.grml.org/    | jimmy at grml.org