[Grml] squashfs-lzma-tools and squashfs-lzma-tools4

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 19:40:53 CEST 2010

Hi mika,

I saw you updated docs/grml-live.txt on Wed, 1 Sep 2010, recommending to
use squashfs-lzma-tools4 v4.0-1 for grml-live build:

,-----
| squashfs-lzma-tools4 4.0-1 is available via the Grml
| repositories. It provides the mksquashfs-lzma4 and
| unsquashfs-lzma4 binaries. The package does NOT conflict with
| neither Debian's squashfs-tools package nor Grml's
| squashfs-lzma-tools package . . .
`-----

However, I found that the squashfs-lzma-tools4 is actually one version
older than my current squashfs-lzma-tools:

$ apt-cache policy squashfs-lzma-tools4
squashfs-lzma-tools4:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 4.0-1
  Version table:
     4.0-1 0
        683 http://deb.grml.org grml-testing/main Packages

$ apt-cache policy squashfs-lzma-tools
squashfs-lzma-tools:
  Installed: 4.0-2
  Candidate: 4.0-2
  Version table:
 *** 4.0-2 0
        683 http://deb.grml.org grml-testing/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

So, is this squashfs-lzma-tools4 really necessary? Will my squashfs-lzma-
tools v4.0-2 be ok with the new grml-live build?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/