[Grml] loop mount squashfs

glenn greenfield glenn.greenfield at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:57:53 CEST 2010

> Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:44:53 -0500
> From: "John G. Heim" <jheim at math.wisc.edu>
> I am trying to modify the grml CD to allow me to include the Dell open
> management tools. This is so that I can boot from a grml CD and configure
> the RAID controller on a Dell server.
>
> I am trying to follow the instructions on the wiki

The instructions I found were somewhat outdated and grml-live is now
the recommended way, not remastering.
Just the same, I did a remaster too. :)

> The error message I get is below. I am trying this on a debian
> squeeze machine with a 2.6.30 kernel.

I found it easiest to install and boot the the GRML kernel for remastering.

> # mount -o loop -t squashfs ./new/live/grml.squashfs  ./loop/
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
>       missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>       dmesg | tail  or so

Perhaps you have the wrong filename?
mount -o loop -t squashfs isomount/live/grml64-small.squashfs squashmount/

If you like, I can send over my notes on remastering off list.

--
glenn greenfield