[Grml] Set resolution of grml-small in Virtualbox

Peter Falter sowosama at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:28:54 CET 2010

Hi folks,

i am constrained to use M$ XP in a training course, but allowed to
have Virtualbox.

So i took a daily snapshot with debian/sid flavour, 2.6.33 kernel,
started succesfully, installed to HD and booted several times.
I am not able to change the screenresolution by kernel commandline vga=792.

I downloaded 2009.10 too, it starts with vga=791 and the size looks good.

Ah:
1) daily snapshot ls -l /dev/fb* -> no such device
2) 2009.10 ls -l /dev/fb* -> /dev/fb0

Looks like 2.6.33 gives me no framebuffer device.

Can you help me to get a decent screensize?