[Grml] get source package from unstable

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Sat Jun 19 10:50:14 CEST 2010

* T o n g wrote [19.06.10 06:11]:
> How can I get source package from unstable when in squeeze?
>
> $ apt-get source util-linux /t unstable
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> W: Ignore unavailable target release 'grml' of package 'util-linux'
> E: Unable to find a source package for
>
> $ apt-get source util-linux /tunstable
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> W: Ignore unavailable target release 'grml' of package 'util-linux'
> E: Unable to find a source package for
>
> Why is that?

Read the E: line yourself, it says something like:
E: Unable to find a source package for /t
This means /t testing is not interpreted as a option but as a normal
argument. / is typically used in windows for command options but on unix
its typically -.

You should use -t testing for your command and it will work, e.g.
,----
| apt-get -t testing source util-linux
`----

Oh and make source that you have the corresponding deb-src entry in your
sources.list{.d}

Ulrich