[Grml] aufs-modules for grml 2010.04 release

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Jun 7 00:53:50 CEST 2010

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 10:48:58PM +0000]:
> On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 22:19:04 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> >> How do I get aufs support under Grml 2010.04?

> > It's included in the kernel:

> Ok, no stand-alone aufs-modules any more. Nice.

Jepp, though no guarantees that it will stay the same in the future. :)

The in-kernel approach has the advantage that it has less effort for
the user. On the other hand you're bound to a specific aufs version
(without updating the kernel you won't get a newer aufs version) and
debugging isn't as easy as well.

Let's see what upcoming kernels and patches bring. :)