[Grml] grml_2010.04 and NVIDIA card support

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Jul 29 04:08:29 CEST 2010

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 02:53:59PM +0000]:

> How well are NVIDIA cards supported in grml_2010.04?

> I saw that NVIDIA binary kernel modules are compiled up to
> nvidia-kernel-2.6.31-grml64, not to 2.6.33 that grml_2010.04 uses.

The opensource drivers of nvidia (nouveau) are kind of special those
days. The tight combination of kernel with userspace is a very sucky
situation. :-/

I don't want to waste too much time with providing the *-driver
packages for the binary kernel modules and therefore users should
grab the according kernel-source packages whenever they want them
and just build the kernel modules against
linux-headers-2.6.33-grml[64] using module-assistant on their own.

HTH && regards,