[Grml] About grml bootid

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 01:50:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:33:06 +0200, Ulrich Dangel wrote:

>> Say when grml2usb installing grml-small and generates a bootid of grml-
>> small-123. Then when grml2usb installing my own flavour of grml, it
>> generates another bootid of my-own-456. Now grml-small expect that the
>> bootid is grml-small-123, and mine being my-own-456. My understand is
>> that only one of them can boot now. which part I've figured wrong?
>
> All flavours will be adjusted to expect bootid small-123.
>
> To be more clear:
> * No bootid.txt exists on the target - generate one * read the first
> line of bootid.txt and use it as bootid * Adjust bootid parameter on
> $FLAVOUR to read bootid

Ok, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, it's a nice feature that I've been looking for long time ago, so
that I know exactly which one to boot if HD, USB, CD all have bootable
grml images.

However, IMHO, it only goes half the way. It still isn't able to solve
the problem that I want to boot two different version of grml-medium off
the same device. I think a better approach is to use, say boot-signature,
which is per boot folder, not per disk.

just my 2c.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)