[Grml] kernel upgrade

Dietmar Segbert didi.segbert at arcor.de
Sun Aug 15 16:14:00 CEST 2010

Hello,

i am using a germl squeeze with kernel 2.6.31-grml on my asus netbook
1005ha-m.

Now i want to install a newer kernel 2.6.33-grml as secodn kernel.
I have installed all the modules and the kernel with the aptitude command.
After that i have done a update-initramfs -u -t -k 2.6.33-grml, grub2 i
have configured.
But the kernel will not start the system.
I use speakup, so i can not see, what the monitor will display, bevor
espeakup iststarted.

Must i do a depmod for the new installed kernel?

Is there a script included in grml, that will upgrade a kernel
automaticaly?

Regards.

Dietmar