[Grml] Timezone problem

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Mon Apr 19 22:37:45 CEST 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 11:06:51 Darshaka Pathirana wrote:

> When booting grml on a system where Windows is installed and the
> hardware-clock is set to local time I often get annoyed when finding
> out that the timestamps are all wrong because grml assumes the system
> is set to UTC.
>
> There might be a boot option to fix this ("grml gmt tz=..." ?) but I
> would prefer such an option somewhere in the start menu.

What do you mean with start menu? Bootloader with several additional
boot-options for grml  or grml-quickconfig (menu after you booted grml
allowing easy start/change several things like keyboard layout)?
For the later it should be easily doable to write a new entry. Have a
look at man grml-quickconfig and the menu entries in /usr/share/grml-
quickconfig/

Ulrich